Keeping customer information secure is a top priority for us all at BIG HOSPITALITY WAREHOUSE.
We hope that this notice helps you understand how we handle the personal information about you that we collect and how you can control our disclosure about personal information about you.
BIG HOSPITALITY WAREHOUSE is subject to the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act, and this document outlines how we intend to deliver all the rights and protections our customers are entitled to.
1. We protect the personal information we collect about you by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that meet or exceed applicable law.
2. We require third parties that process personal information on our behalf to follow stringent standards of security and confidentiality.
3. We train people who work for us how to properly handle personal information and we restrict access to what is necessary for specific job functions.
Categories Of Personal Information We Hold
The nature of the personal information we collect, and where it comes from, will vary but may include:
1. Information we collect from you on applications for credit or other forms such as name, address, telephone numbers (business and private), drivers licence number.
2. Information about your transactions with us, or our affiliates, such as account balances, payment history and account activity.
3. Information we receive from credit bureau reports.
4. Information we collect from providing our services to you.
Purpose Of Collecting Your Information
We will only collect personal information for reasonable business purposes. These purposes may include:
1. Processing an Application for Credit.
2. Evaluating and monitoring credit worthiness.
3. Processing receipts and payments, and servicing customer's accounts.
4. Responding to customers' inquiries about applications, accounts or services.
5. Meeting legal and regulatory requirements.
6. To provide the service/product you have requested.
7. Billing purposes.
8. Trade promotion purposes.
9. Purposes relation to promotion, marketing and operations.
10. Employment purposes.
For any of the above purposes we may contact you by electronic or other means. We will not disclose any of the above information to affiliate companies or third parties without your consent.
Disclosures Of Your Information
In common with many organisations, we keep our costs down by obtaining some routine services from external service providers, and your information may be provided to them on a confidential basis.
These disclosures and others to third parties may be for:
1. Regulatory and compliance purposes.
2. Financial and professional advisory services.
3. Updating of credit information to credit bureaus.
4. To provide the service you have requested or to meet the purpose for which it was submitted.
5. If we are required or authorized by law to disclose the information.
Please advise us of any restrictions you wish to place on how your information is used and disclosed.
We will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information (such as information about racial or ethnic or political or religious beliefs) except with your specific consent or in the circumstances permitted in the Australian Privacy legislation.
Privacy And Our Website
Each time you visit our web-site at www.bighospitality.com.au our server may collect some anonymous information, known as click-stream data, including the type of browser and system you are using; the address of the site you have come from and move to after your visit; the date and time of your visit; and your server's IP address.
We may collect this information for statistical purposes to find out how the Site is used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of visits, most popular session times. We may use this information to evaluate and improve our web site performance.
A Cookie is a piece of information that our web server may send to your machine when you visit our site. The Cookie is stored on your machine, but does not identify you or give us any information about your computer. A Cookie helps us to recognise you when you re-visit our Site and to co-ordinate your access to different pages on the Site. With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. (If you want to do this, refer to your Browser instructions or help screen to learn more).
You are entitled under the Privacy Act to access the information an organisation holds about you. We want to make this as simple as possible for you.
We will need to validate the identity of anyone making an access request, to ensure that we do not provide your information to anyone who does not have the right to that information.
Where a customer establishes that the personal information we hold on them is not accurate, complete, or up to date we will correct our records as necessary.
Access to information about you is your right under the Privacy Act. To obtain a current copy of your details please contact the Privacy Officer on +61 2 9622 9622
BIG HOSPITALITY WAREHOUSE Privacy Officer
177 Lake ROAD
PORT MACQUARIE NSW 2444
Complaints And Disputes
If you have reason to believe that BIG HOSPITALITY WAREHOUSE has breached the Privacy Policies outlined in this document, we urge you to raise this with our Privacy Officer.
We will investigate all complaints and respond to you within 14 days. If we find a complaint justified, we will promptly resolve it. This is your right under the Privacy Act.